Pages

Makeup Geek

Thursday 3 April 2014

Good Morning,

I wanted to share a few new items I have been loving in mymakeup kit this week.
I am a self confessed YouTube addict and one of the channels that I have been following for some time now is MakeupGeekTv.

MakeupGeekTv was started by Marlena Stell as a way to share her philosophy that all woman are beautiful no matter her size, shape, skin tone, etc. Makeup Geek is also a website and online forum with videos and a store. Makeup Geek now makes their own line of products which I am  LOVING. Currently they are offering, brushes, eyeshades, lipsticks, pigments, and gel eye liners.

When I went to place my first order a couple months ago almost all the eye shadows were sold out! These things are getting crazy popular. And for good reason. The price is right, a single shadow sells for $5.99 and a single eye shadow compacts sell for $6.99. The pigmentation is great, vibrant and colorful, not chalky and easily bendable. I ended up ordering 4 shadows in the compact and got them at a special price of $5.99 due to the amount of product that had been out of stock. I also decided to try 2 Makeup Geek Lipsticks.


A look at everything I got
The eye shadows I chose to try out were: Shimma Shimma, a great highlight color, very comparable to MAC's Shroom, Prom Night, a shimmery taupe brown shade, Cosmopolitan, a metallic-y bronze and Mango Tango, a fun pinky orange with a slight gold shimmer to it.

Prom Night, Shimma Shimma, Mango Tango, Cosmopolitan

I've gotta say. I was impressed with these shadows for all the reasons I've listed above. These shadows are very comparable to the quality of MAC shadows and you cannot beat the price! I love the packaging, its cute but sturdy as well. I'm not worried they will open and crack in my kit and if I decide to pop them out and into a compact it looks like it wouldn't be an issue at all.


A close up look at the Makeup Geek eye shadow compact
The lipsticks are awesome as well. Nice and creamy, very pigmented and the tubes themselves are good quality and not cheap feeling like some drugstore brands can be. The 2 colors I got were Adorable, a beautiful creamy pink and Darling, a darker nude shade. The lipsticks are also well priced at $6.99 and there are 16 shades to choose from. One other thing worth mentioning as well is the shipping cost is very low and Makeup Geek does ship world wide.
Adorable, Darling
Overall I give Makeup Geek a big thumbs up and look forward to trying more products from them very soon.  I have just gotten a couple pigments so I will make a "part 2" to this post when I play around some more with those. I have a feeling Makeup Geek is going to be huge, the quality is excellent and Marlena has said there are blushes to come. That girl does not rest!

Thanks for reading,



-Rachel



Check out Makeup Geek on Twitter +Makeup Geek  https://www.youtube.com/user/MakeupGeekTV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground